Restoration of one tooth
When one tooth is lacking in the mouth, there are usually two options how to prevent this issue – implantation of one tooth or a traditional dental bridge. However, the latter option has more disadvantages than advantages, as, if you choose this procedure, you need to sacrifice adjacent healthy teeth and illusions about comfort.
Advantages of dental implantation:
- Healthy teeth are preserved, as the implant does not need additional support due to which adjacent teeth should be milled.
- Due to the evenly distributed load and the continuous operation of the muscles, the bone is protected from atrophy, and it prevents premature ageing of the facial form.
- The implant is equal to a natural tooth, there is no feeling of discomfort during meals and conversation, or when smiling.
- The implant can serve you throughout your life if you take care of your oral cavity and visit the dentist for prevention on a regular basis.
Restoration of several teeth
The absence of several teeth in the mouth seems to be a very serious problem. However, in modern dentistry, when the latest treatment technologies and materials are applied, doctors do not consider it as a problem. There are several ways how to solve this situation. Let’s consider two options to understand the differences. Several missing teeth can be replaced with partially removable dentures, but you will have to accept a number of disadvantages. At the same time several missing teeth can be replaced with dental implants.
Advantages of the bridge fixed on the implants:
Healthy adjacent teeth remain untouched, there is no need to mill them.
- There is natural exertion of the jaw bone, the bone is protected from atrophy, the face shape is preserved, and you will not look older ahead of time.
- Implants are used as real teeth, there is no discomfort during meals, when talking or smiling.
- Implants can last a lifetime.
Restoration of all teeth
If you do not have any teeth on the upper or lower jaw, there are several options how to restore them. The first option is the well-known traditional removable dentures. They are most often worn by elderly people, but everyone has heard that these dentures do not provide complete comfort during meals or conversation, and they need to be frequently corrected.
Disadvantages of removable dentures
- Dentures are unstable.
- Dentures press on the gums and oral mucosa.
- The issue of bone atrophy is not solved ‒ dentures do not load the jaw bone and do not stimulate the muscles when chewing.
- It is difficult to eat; therefore, dentures need to be constantly adjusted.
- Dentures do not provide such an aesthetic appearance as dental implants.
The second option which allows restoring all missing teeth of the upper or lower jaw is fixed removable dentures. This design ensures stable fixation of dentures, and you will not feel any discomfort when eating or talking.
Fixed removable dentures are installed on the implants using a special fastening system. It consists of two parts. One of them is fixed on the implant, the second one – on the removable denture. These two parts are connected and hold the denture in a stable way.
Advantages of the removable dentures fixed on implants:
This fixed denture is stable in the mouth.
It does not press on the gums and oral mucosa.
There is no discomfort when eating.
The denture is easy to clean, as it is easy to remove and place back due to a simple fixing system.
2 to 4 implants are sufficient for stable fixation of the dentures.
Advantages of the permanent bridge fixed on implants:
If you do not have any teeth on the upper or lower jaw, you can choose the third option – a fixed bridge that is permanently attached to implants.
- The bridge is fixed very tightly and stably.
- 6 implants are sufficient to make the whole dental arch.
- The stability of the bridge ensures that there is no pressure on the gums and mucosa of the mouth.
- The bridge will last longer if it does not have to be removed and inserted regularly.
- There is no discomfort: you can eat, talk and laugh, as if they were your natural teeth.
- Aesthetic appearance is guaranteed.
Important! If you do not have any lower teeth or you already wear a removable dental plate, it can be modified by inserting special fasteners into it, therefore the plate can be placed on the implant supports. Or you can have a new plate made; the fastening elements will be fixed in the plate.
The plate is fixed in those sites where it is supported by implants and soft tissues.
GET AN APPOINTMENT FOR CONSULTATION
To assess your situation and plan our further work, please get an appointment for a consultation.
We recommend getting an appointment by phone! It will allow us to plan the consultation time, its duration and other nuances more precisely.